How to Get Paid on Your OWCP Claim

To get compensation benefits on an OWCP claim, you must first file a claim. You can do this by completing Form CA-1, which is available from your employing agency or on the OWCP website. Once you have completed the form, you must submit it to your supervisor or DOL injury compensation specialist.

In addition to Form CA-1, you will also need to submit medical evidence supporting your claim. This evidence may include a doctor’s note, hospital report, or other medical records. You should also submit any other documentation that supports your claim, such as a witness statement or a copy of the accident report.

Once OWCP has received your claim and supporting documentation, they will review your case and make a decision about whether or not to approve your claim. If your claim is approved, you will begin receiving compensation and medical benefits.

Here are some tips for getting compensation benefits on an OWCP claim:

  • File your claim as soon as possible after your injury or illness.
  • Be sure to complete all of the required paperwork and submit all of the required documentation.
  • Keep copies of all of your paperwork and documentation.
  • Be cooperative with OWCP when they contact you.

If you have any questions or concerns, contact OWCP directly. If you are denied compensation benefits, you have the right to appeal the decision. You can do this by filing a Form LS-204 with OWCP within 30 days of receiving the denial letter.

Here are some additional tips for getting compensation benefits on an OWCP claim:

  • Consider hiring an attorney to represent you. An experienced OWCP attorney can help you with the claims process and increase your chances of getting approved for benefits.
  • Be prepared to provide evidence of your disability. This evidence may include medical records, witness statements, and expert opinions.
  • Be patient. The OWCP claims process can take several months or even years.